Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Boo to You

Hello
Hope your are having a great week so far.
Today is the 1st Tuesday of September and
 over at Craft-Dee BowZ that means its Inspiration Tuesday. 
Usually I post an inspiration piece on the 1st Tuesday 
and the other designers post on a Tuesday throughout the month as well.

OK,  let me share with you my Tuesday inspiration piece.

This card design came about because of an art piece I saw at a home goods store.
It really appealed to me. (Obviously - LOL)

See that background paper??? That gray and white patterned paper. 
Well I had some paper that was this design but it was pink not gray.
Well I put that DP in my copier and copied it as a B &W 
and the B&W selection on the copier gave me exactly what I was wanting.
I trimmed it and used it as a layered piece over a dark gray cardstock.

My pumpkin is an old die from Accucut and it's still available. 
It comes with eyes a nose and a mouth and a leaf. 
I will use the other pieces some other time. 
I cut the pumpkin out and then cut another center piece. 
I used my paper shaper to shape the end parts of the pumpkin 
and that extra center piece. 
I added foam tape to the extra center piece and 
attached it over that center area on the main pumpkin shape. 
It gives the pumpkin dimension. I also inked the edges using gray ink.
I added a bow and this is the end result.

OK after I made that card, I thought that pumpkin would be cute on a handle bag. 
Perfect to use that bag for Halloween Trick or Treating. 
I decided to make a bag topper
Here is what this finished up as.

This looks so cute.
Same pumpkin - same background paper and I just mounted it on a extra large label shape
 and added some pretty leaf ribbon . 
I added a slit to that label shape and slid it down on the front bag handle. 

You can see the slit and the fold spot right above the stem

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Paper/Card Stock: DP copied to make gray/white. Orange CS, Black CS, Green CS
Ink: Memento - Gray Flannel
Dies Used: Recollections - Alphabet, Accucut - Pumpkin #5, Spellbinders- Grand labels Four
Accessories
Ribbon, Craft-Dee BowZ  tool, dimensional foam

I am submitting my projects in the following challenges:


OK that's it for today. 
Hope you might try making a bag topper. 
They are easy to make 
and really dress up a plain gift bag.


7 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great gift bag. I love the Halloween decor on it.

Kyla said...

Perfect for trick or treating. I like how beautiful and simple it is. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Kyla DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Fabulous creations! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Hugs, Zowie xx

Arty Divas DT

Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at challenge Digi Choosday Crafting
DT Maria

Arlene said...

Perfect matching card and bag tag. How fun and that's a great pumpkin. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge. We hope to see you again.
~ Arlene DT

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creations! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

Judy V said...

Fab projects! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge. We hope to see you again.
~ Judy DT