Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Merry Christmas

Hello crafters, 

Some of you may know,  I belong to a stamping club.
 We meet once a month and its always on the 2nd Tuesday evening
Club meeting was Tuesday evening and we are to bring 2 completed projects. 
A themed project and a challenge project.  
The projects can be anything and not necessarily a card.
I made a card and I thought I'd pop in and share with you the theme card that I made for club. 
The theme for September was to use banners and/or hearts.

Well I decided to make a Christmas card. 

I used the banners to spell MERRY  and just added the word Christmas
 below it on a seperate vellum piece
I thought my banner would look great against a distressed brick wall. 
This is a quick and easy card to make and the banner would look great 
against many different backgrounds.



SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Paper/Card Stock: Red CS, Vellum
Ink: Fresco - Medusa  White 
Dies Used: Art-C  Thinking of You Stamp & Die Set, Recollections Lower case alphabet 
Accessories: Bakers Twine , Sizzix Embossing Folder - Brick Wall, Stampendous Class A'peals Stickers (sparkly dots on the brick wall), Christmas word on the vellum banner - Stickers from Stamp On It, Brads

I am submitting my card in the following challenges

Friday, I will be back to share my challenge card. 
Just as a tease, we were given a very small (and I mean very small) embroidery hoop 
to use on the challenge project. 
As soon as I saw the embroidery hoop I knew what I wanted to do.
OK, Enough hints
I will post that card on Friday, so stop back for an interesting card ....hehehe

Thanks for stopping in and I hope you liked my card I made for the Theme (Use a banner) project
I hope to see you on Friday


8 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love it Barb. It has a nice masculine feel to it.

Tre Rockenbach said...

Very nice, Barb! I'm looking forward to seeing what you did with the embroidery hoop!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a fabulous card and I love the colors. Great brick wall background. It shows off the banner and sentiment so well.

Arlene said...

Great colors and dimension. Great idea and fun. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

Monica C. said...

So pretty! I love the brick background too.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Monica DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/


Priya said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Happy craft challenge
DT Priyadarshini
https://simpleartcraft-tips.blogspot.com

Karen L K said...

A nice Christmas card! I like that brick background! It looks nice with the banner over it. Thanks for joining in over at a2z Scrapbooking.

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your fantastic project with us in the Happy Little Stampers September "Anything Goes With Dies" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, HLS Dies Team
Love To Scrap 2