Saturday, August 15, 2020

Forever Friends

 Hello and welcome back!!

Hope you all are doing well.

Since summer is winding down 
I thought I'd share some fun coloring tips,
 for flowers,  I've stumbled upon.

I will be using the new kit Watercolor Florals Card Making Kit from over at The Artsystamper Shop. This kit is brand new and I already have made dozens of cards. 

I think you will really love this kit.

Today I am specifically using the Outline Elements sheet from the kit
I printed that sheet onto vellum. (Works great with either ink jet or laser printers)


I decided to use alcohol markers, Alcohol Blending Solution,
 Alcohol Ink applicator and some felt pads

Next I started out using greens  to color the leaves.




These two sprigs are colored using the same color


Next I loaded some blending solution on the applicator and pounced it over the colored image. 
This lightens the image. It transfers some of the ink in to the felt
If you think the coloring came out  too light, just color the image again and repounce. 

I colored all the foliage and then moved onto the flowers.
 I chose a darker pink to start out with 
Once the blending solution is added to the pad and pounced
 it will tone down that color.

Since there was quite a bit of color on the applicator from applying the alcohol ink,
I pounced the applicator onto the smaller flowers 

Next I used a blue to some of the other blooms on this page. Did the same technique to the bloom portion and then went back and very lightly added green to the leaves.

Ok so here are the images all colored and fussy cut,

Ready to assemble the card.

I finished two cards using the flowers and foliage from the sheet.

Card #1

Card #2

I hope you try using vellum and coloring this way. It's really easy and I love the results

I know you are probably wondering, gee what about glossy paper. Well I will be back tomorrow to share how I worked with the glossy paper and the results on that. 

I am submitting my cards to the following challenges:

A Gem of a Challenge  - #17 - Anything Goes (W1 of 2)
Crafter's Castle  - August Anything Goes 
Crafty Friends Challenge - #142 - Anything Goes (W2 of 2)
Colour Crazy Challenge -  Wk 31 (W2 of 2)  and Wk 32 (W1 of 2) -   ANYTHING COLORING GOES  

Thanks bunches for stopping in today.

Subscribe by email so you don't miss out on any of my posts.

Stay safe and be well

5 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

That looks like a lot of fun! What great results! Thanks for sharing, Barb.

Darlene said...

What an awesome post! GREAT ideas and gorgeous cards! Great job!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards are wonderful. That looks like a great kit.

pst said...

Great cards, thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

Squdge said...

I do love finding new ways to use vellum.

Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Keep crafting!
Lj xx
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com