Sunday, August 16, 2020

More Flower Coloring

 Welcome back

In my last post I showed how to color using alcohol markers and Blending Solution.

In this post lets look at using alcohol inks to color your images.

Just like my prior post I will be using the new kit Watercolor Florals Card Making Kit
 from over at The Artsystamper Shop.
This kit is brand new and I already have made dozens of cards. 

I think you will really love this kit.

Again, today I am specifically using the Outline Elements sheet from the kit
But this time I printed that sheet onto glossy CS.
 (Prints great with either ink jet or laser printers.)

I used Alcohol Inks, Blending solution, Felt and an applicator


I chose 2 different colors, added some to the felt


I added some Blending solution to the felt over the alcohol ink


I tapped the applicator over the images

Next I colored the other images.

Here are the colored images fussy cut out

Next I mounted some of the images onto a layer piece right down the center. 

The layer piece is 8" X 5 1/4"

After adhering the images I cut the layer piece (Dotted DP) right down the center
right thru the flowers.

This will give you 2 layered card fronts

See how those card fronts fit together
See how the flowers and the leaves were positioned before the cut was made.


Here are the cards separate

Card #1

Card #2


This kit has been fun to play with and to color 
using some different ways but using products
 that we all probably have on hand  and maybe have not used in a while.

I am submitting my card in the following challenges:

Well that's it for now.

Thanks for stopping in today.

Sign up to receive an email notice from me on any new posts

Stay safe and be well


6 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so cool. Love that you split the flowers down the middle to create two stunning cards.

Rose Andrew said...

Beautiful card .. love the colours and design.
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge.
Good Luck
Rose DT

Deezy's Handmade Cards said...

Great post, great technique and great card too! Thanks for sharing at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge! Hope you will join us next time again, bye Deezy DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! 😊 Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Beautiful card Barbara! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

Hugs, Zowie xx

Arty Divas DT

Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}

Victoria Rowson said...

Such a fabulous colouring technique! Your cards look amazing! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. I hope you can join us again soon.
Victoria DT