Monday, February 20, 2023

Scratch Paper

Hi and welcome back

I have something cool to show today.

Have you ever heard or used Scratch Paper Art sheets??  These papers are coated black and the underly cardstock is a color or rainbow. You scratch a design into the black which will remove that black and the underlying color is exposed.  Well I had never heard of this before and Sandy at the card club, that meets here monthly, brought these to the January meeting. She handed these out to use on the challenge card to be submitted at the February get together.

She gave us eack a rainbow under sheet and a silver under sheet. They are 3.5"X3.5" square. I looked at those 2 pieces and really pondered what to do with these.

Finally I decided to draw and see what I could come up with. I used a wooden skewer to draw with.

I made 2 different cards since I had 2 different sheets.


Card #1


For this scratch off sheet I drew leaves and stems , added some dots for the background and then used some blue holigraphic paper as an accent. That scratchoff sheet on this card has silver as the underlying color.

Card #2


I love that rainbow effect you get on this one. Again this is my freehand drawing. I'm definitely not a drawer - LOL

Both of these cards have no sentiment on the front. I will add sentiments when I decide who will receive the card and why.

Just an FYI, there are scratch off sheets available thru Amazon. I guess I will have to get some. Ya never know when you might need some of this stuff - LOL 

Hope you liked these cards. Made with something different and those of you who are truely artists.... I'm sure you will be able to make some spectacular art pieces.

I am going to submit these in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you real soon.

3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are beautiful and you are a better artist than me. I love the simplicity of your hand drawn designs.

Shona Erlenborn said...

These are so cool! I do have some of that scratch paper - thanks for the inspiration!

Helen said...

Very creative!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge, but please remember that in order to be eligible for the prize draw, you need to use Penny Black products.
Helen x