Saturday, July 1, 2023

Happy Birthday

WOW, can you believe it!! We've just started a new month. And that means there's a new Birthstone challenge starting today, (July 1). The challenge runs July 1 thru August 15.

The Birthstone Challenge is a color challenge blog welcoming all types of handmade projects such as cards, scrapbook layouts, ATCs, mixed media, altered items, 3-D projects, etc. using the featured birthstone colors. 

There are two birthstone colors featured in each challenge and those colors must be the main colors seen in the gallery. You're required to use only one of the colors in each of your projects, however, you may use both if you want. A monochrome color pallet would be wonderful but not required. 

Here are the colors for the July/August challenge

JULY/AUGUST
July 1st thru August 15th

For my project I decided to use the ruby color and I thought my card would be perfect for a July birthday!!


I made this card kind of simple. Ruby red cardstock for the card base. White CS for some of the die cuts and ruby red CS for the sentiment die cut and the aster flower in the center. 

Sometimes simple is better. Quick and easy but definitely makes a statement.

Products I used:

CS - Ruby, White
Dies - Heartfelt Creations - Delicate Asters; French Courtyard
Misc. - White Flatback Pearl

I am submitting my project in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping in today and I will be back soon. Hope to see you then

3 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Whoa! Very cool birthday card! Love that design.

Sue said...

Gorgeous design and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

Wendy said...

WOW! This is a gorgeous card! I love the cuts and that flower in the middle. Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy