Saturday, July 1, 2023

Wishing You a Blessed Christmas

Hello and welcome to July 1.

The new challenge has begun over at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog. The challenge runs July 1 thru August 15. Plenty of time for you to make a Christmas project and get it submitted it to the challenge. The Merry Little Christmas Challenge is an all-crafts Christmas challenge blog and welcomes any and all kinds of handmade Christmas creations all year long. 

I love Christmas and making cards for that season is really a joy, especially if you are not in a rush. So,  the more Christmas cards I make now, the fewer I will need to make at Christmastime. (LOL) 

I perused all my Christmas stamps and this pretty bird caught my eye. Its from an old set from a company that is sadly no longer around, My Sentiments Exactly (MSE). 

I added a gold frame but it looked kind of plain to me, so I added embossed swirls to give more interest.

To carry that Christmas theme onto the frame I added holly and some flowers, (poinsettias of course. LOL)


I colored the bird with Inktense pencils and water to soften the colors and  used Straedler Triplus Fineliners to add accents to the colors. The sentiment is part of the stamp set I used. 

Products I used:
Stamps - My Sentiments Exactly - Blessed Christmas; Heartfelt Creations Christmas Poinsettia & Holly stamps dies and shaping mold
CS - Red, Green, White, Gold
Inks - VersaMark; VersaFine - Nocturne; Memento - Northern Pine
Misc.- Flat Backed Pearls Red & Gold; Gold Embossing Powder; Swirl Embossing Folder; Water Brush; Inktense Pencils; Staedler triplus fineliner, 

I am submitting my project to the following challenges:
Hope you enjoyed my creation. I am looking forward to seeing one of your Christmas projects in the challenge submissions.

Thanks it for now. See you soon,

2 comments:

Julia Aston said...

All the gold bits on this add such elegance to your beautiful card Barbara - the embossed background and outlines on your poinsettias and holly are so pretty - and what a lovely bird you have framed with your wreath! thank you for joining us at Inkspirational - Christmas in July! Julia xx

SarahR said...

Your card is absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge, Sarah - DT.