Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Thinking of You

Welcome to November!!!

Getting close to that 'bird day", or as most of us call it, Thanksgiving Day. (LOL). I can already smell the turkey baking away in my kitchen. Yum Yum

Well since its a new month its also the start of a new challenge over at  Birthstone Challenges. It starts today, (November 1). The challenge runs November 1 thru December 15.

The Birthstone Challenge is a color challenge blog, welcoming all types of handmade projects such as cards, scrapbook layouts, ATCs, mixed media, altered items, 3-D projects, etc. using the featured birthstone colors. 

There are two birthstone colors featured in each challenge and those colors must be the main colors seen in the gallery. You're required to use only one of the colors in each of your projects, however, you may use both if you want. A monochrome color pallet would be wonderful but not required. 

Here are the colors for the November/December challenge


I chose the color of turquoise to use on my project.



For my project I added a few die cuts to accent the magnolia branch that graces the card. Do real magnolias have turquoise colors in their petals? Not that I know of, but I took artistic license and used this beautiful color. Hope you like my color rendition,  That magnolia branch looks so pretty IMHO. 

Here is what I used to make my card:

  • Stamps used - Digital Image - Graciellie Design - Magnolia Branch; Clear Stamp - Rubbernecker Stamps - Organic set #3
  • Inks used - Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo; Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers; Staedler Triplus Fineliner
  • Dies used - Rubbernecker - Crosshatch Design Die; Spellbinders - Kaleidoscope Strip
  • Cardstock - White CS, Turquoise CS, Cream colored CS

I am submitting my project in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping in today and I will be back soon. Hope to see you then

3 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and dies-love the magnolias too and your card so they can be any colour you choose!
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Barbara just popping back to say---Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
Carol DT x

Melissa Craig said...

So pretty! I love that you put the flowers on a trells.