Monday, January 1, 2024

T'was The Night Before Christmas

 Hi Everyone, 

Welcome to 2024 !!!!!!  Hope your Christmas was a great one. I know Christmas is over but I am always looking for something for the next Christmas challenge over at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge blog. And the Merry Little Christmas challenges are always Christmas themed so if you like to make Christmas cards all year long, this challenge is right up your alley. The January/February challenge has begun so, let me share with you my card for this challenge.  

Different looking cards always catch my eye and this one sure did. Easy to do. My mom always added....." if you know how." LOL 

Here is the front view


Here is a side view



I seem to gravitate  to fun fold cards, and this card is no exception. When folded flat, it easily fits into a 5X7 envie.

Below are pic's showing another card (in blue) I made this card and took pic's in case you want to follow along as I show you how to cut and assemble the card.
The card base is 7X7 - scored at 1 1/2" and 3"
Add your layers to these 3 sections. (I know you are able to figure what your layer sizes should be, so I won't address those sizes.)

Cut and attach the layer pieces to the card base.

Next you will need 3 strips and they are  8" X 1.25 " scored at 1.5" and 3" (scored on the long side). Cut and add your layers to the strips. 


Attach the first strip to the top far right side of the card. Glue the far right scored area of the strip, lining it up with the far right edge of the card. After attaching the top strip, attach the bottom strip next  and then attach the center strip. Doing it this way gives you the ability to center that middle strip. You want to make sure that the strips are just attached to the far right of the card base. 

 Flip all 3 strips all the way to the right, as shown above, close the card, folding the left side flap down and 

then that small scored area back on to itself (on the card base) so the card will look as if its closed. 
Now flip those strip areas that are not glued down, flipping them over on top of the folded card front. Just glue the area that the strip is touching. Do this to all 3 of the strips.

Next 

The stamped image base is 3X5 with a layered colored CS 
and then the stamped image is on a 2 5/8 X 3 7/8 layer.

 When attaching the image base to the card, make sure you only add adhesive  in the middle, the top and bottom of the stamped image base otherwise the card will not open.


This card will fit in a 5X7 envie

This card makes a statement as it is pulled from the envie. (IMHO) and the card stands up on its own as well. 
Since this card does not open like a conventional card, you will want to add the sentiment and any personal message that you normally put inside the card, add that to the back of the card.

Hope you were able to follow along.

Supplies I used:
Stamp - Verses (wood mounted) Santa - old and still available. (This is my all time favorite Santa stamp)
Ink - Memento  Black
Paper - White CS, Red CS, DP 
Sentiment (on red card)- From my computer 

This card design will lend itself to any season so I hope you will try it out I think you will like making it. 
Thanks for stopping in and I look forward to seeing one of your cards in the Christmas challenge.

I will be back soon.

No comments: