Wednesday, February 16, 2022

My February Stamping Club Project - Challenge Card

 Hello Everyone,

Welcome back!!!

Today I want to share my challenge card I made for the stamping club I am a member of.  Click here for more info about my cards for the monthly Stamping Club, 

For the Challenge we were given a piece of decorative packing tape. (Sorry no pic of it before I used it.)

Well I decided to treat it as I would if it were decorative CS. 

I also used a piece of clear acrylic and came up with a design that I thought was something easy to do and was different. 

Here is what I made......


I made this card to be a get well card.

You can see the top and bottom border are using that tape. If I hadn't been given that tape, I would have never thought to use something like that. Hmm...... I guess I will look at decorative tape somewhat differently, from now on. LOL  

I know as you look at the pic, you really cannot see that the middle panel is using clear acrylic, but its there. I made some butterflies to add to this card. I used a butterfly outline sticker on the larger butterfly and added it to a sheet of glossy paper after I colored it with alcohol inks. The smaller butterflies are made using a hand punch. The gold bodies of the punched butterflies were made using a VersaMark pen and gold embossing powder. They look great together.. I next stamped a sentiment and added that to to card front and the card is done.

Sometimes its amazing what we are given to use on our challenge cards. Its also amazing, the designs all the others in the group, come up with. Its truly amazing how the mind works, isn't it??

I am submitting my card in the following challenges:

This was a fun card to make for club.

Hope you enjoyed this card.

Thanks for stopping in today 

 I will be back soon,

 

5 comments:

Francesca said...

Very nice card, love the butterflies! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very creative, Barb! Love the colors of your butterflies!

Marina Atsali said...

Love your card .Thanks for joining us over on the Digi Choosday challenge.

kReN said...

Love this. Thanks for joining us at the PIP Challenge. kReN@afourthlife

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Jan's Digis. Hope to see you again next time.