Monday, May 1, 2023

Little Town of Bethlehem

Hello and welcome to May 1...... Phew, another Month has clicked on by!!!

Its the start of a new week, a new month  and a new challenge over at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog. The challenge runs May 1 thru June 15. Plenty of time for you to make a Christmas card and get it submitted it to the challenge.

I love Christmas and making cards for that season is really a joy, especially if you are not in a rush. So,  the more Christmas cards I make now, the fewer I will need to make at Christmastime. (LOL) 

If you are like me I'm sure you have some Christmas stamps that are in your favorite category!!

The card I am sharing today is made with a stamp that I dearly love, it's in that favorite category of mine. 

Let me show it:


This stamp was designed to be used on a slimline card and it is so beautiful and I think it's kind of elegant. I fell in love with it as soon as I spied it.

In making the card, I stamped it in black ink on white CS and just used a small blending brush to add a brown color. I know brown is not a Christmas color, but as looked at this scene, those gentle archs and the dots reminded me of sand and that's why I used a brown color. I used a gentile hand in applying that brown ink. After I colored the scene, I layered that white CS on a dark green layer and then that was layered on a gold CS  layer and all the layers were added to the main white card.

This is another card that is somewhat quick and perfect if you need to send quite a few cards and you want to only use one design,

Here is what I used to make my card:

  • Brown Ink - Distress Oxide Vintage Photo
  • Black Ink - VersaFine Clair - Nocturne
  • White CS
  • Dark Green CS
  • Gold CS
  • Stamp - Rejoice - Woodware
  • Blending Brush
I am submitting my card in the following challenges:


Hope my card gave you some inspiration for your Christmas cards. I would love to see one of your cards in the challenge. Thanks much for stopping by, see ya soon.

1 comment:

Tish said...

I love your card. My problem with this stamp is that I never can get a good impression. It takes me at least 10 times in my misti to ink, reins, et. Any tips on how to get all the words and dots to cone out?