Monday, May 1, 2023

Thinking of You

 Welcome back and welcome to a new month!!!

May is here and hopefully we will have warm weather that stays. May, how did it get here so fast!!!??!

Today, May 1, also welcomes in a new blog challenge over at Love To Scrap Challenge

The Love To Scrap Challenge is a scrapping challenge blog and all types of scrapped projects are welcomed - cards, scrapbook layouts, ATCs, mixed media, altered items, 3-D projects, etc. - using bits of new or leftover stuff. 

There are six challenges per year, and each challenge lasts approximately six weeks. All challenges are family-friendly Anything Goes. The challenges go live at 4:00 AM Mountain Time on the 1st day of each odd month and run until 4:00 PM Mountain Time on the 15th day of the following month

Well, as a stamper, I never seem to be able to throw away paper. So I have many saved scraps and this is the perfect challenge blog for me, (LOL) If you save scraps then this is the perfect challenge blog for you as well. The things I save are also things I try out to see if I am going to like it, is it too difficult etc. So a lot of times I will try it on white CS before I use colored cardstock for a project. And of course I save those trial and error pieces. Heaven forbid I would waste any paper (LOL).

On todays project I worked with some border punches (a while back) and pulled out my saved pieces to see if I could use one. Found one that worked and here is the end result.  BTW, This is a 6X6 card 

The white CS layer that looks like a doily, I made that using a square piece of CS  and a border punch. I added some scrap patterned paper to the 4 corners. The center is also a square and I happened to have a stamp that fit in that blank space. I added a piece of dark green CS as a layer and mounted it in the center, added sentiment and this was a card that was finished. This border technique using a border punch will work with a rectangle shape as well (like for a 5X7 base card)

I love it when I can use some of those precious pieces of card stock that I just didn't have the heart to throw away. LOL 

Here is what I used to make my card:

  • Dark Green CS
  • White  CS
  • Yellow CS and bits of yellow DP
  • MS Crochet border punch
  • Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
  • Stamped sentiment Tim Holtz Stamper Anonymous - Simple Sayings
  • Stamped image - Penny Black - Garden Letter
  • Black ink - VersaFine Clair - Nocturne
I am entering my card in the following challenges:


So OK, get your scraps out and use some to make a really cool and unique card and submit it at the Love To Scrap Challenge. I'd love to see what you come up with. 

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you soon.

2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and dies-really love the image.I save them all too some pieces sooo small goodness knows what I expected to do with them lol
Carol x

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a great card made of snippets. Love the subtle colors too! A beauty!